We believe that greatness exists in every child. But, hundreds of students face challenges such as poverty, hunger, homelessness, trauma that get in the way of education. However, when provided with one-on-one support, 87% of our students stay in school.
As a monthly donor, you will connect students with a community of support. School by school, child by child-we are all in this together!
- $25.00 per month provides one-hour per week of one-to-one mentoring to make a difference in one childs’ life.
- $50.00 per month provides basic needs support (like food, clothing & hygiene supplies ) to all students and families
- $75.00 per month provides small group and special program support for students with similar challenges and goals
- $100.00 per month provides individual holistic support of high needs students
There are as many ways to volunteer with Communities In Schools of Spokane County.
As a volunteer you will join us to keep students in school and on track to graduate. There are many ways to share your time and talent to make a difference in the life of a student:
- Tutor: Students can make great strides with extra academic support in reading and math.
- Community Partner: Individuals who work for agencies or businesses can be guest speakers, group facilitators, job shadow sponsors, and more.
- Board Member: Share your skills as a business and community leader, and help guide our organization, by joining the state board or an affiliate board of directors.
- Advocate: Reach out to elected representatives from your community about the importance and effectiveness of Communities In Schools’ dropout prevention work.
- General Volunteer: We always need volunteers to help with events, special programs, and other needs.
- Mentor: Just 30 minutes to one hour a week provides a positive influence, encouragement, and hope for young people trying to overcome challenges. To learn more about our PrimeTime Mentoring Program click here.
Volunteering is a great opportunity to give back to your community!